Traditionally, at the feast of the Lord’s Epiphany (Baptism) on January 6th, the Great Blessing of the waters takes place and then is used to sanctify the homes of all the faithful. In bringing the blessed water to the homes, and sprinkling it in each room, we rid our house of any evil influence, and rededicate it to God in a special way.
As we were once renewed by the waters of our own baptism into Christ, so too our home, and our entire lives, are re-dedicated and renewed unto Christ our God each year at this time.
- Please contact the Cathedral Office at 305-444-6541 to schedule the Home Blessing by Father Saba.
- The following should be prepared for the Home Blessing:
- All members of family must be present.
- Lit Candle
- Burning Incense (Optional)
- Small Table (or dining room table)
- The visit by Father Saba should be approximately 45 minutes.
Several visits will be scheduled on a given day in order to reach and bless all families and homes this season.
Once the Home Blessing Season is mostly over, Fr. Saba will continue the regular Pastoral Visits, during which Fr. Saba will spend ample time with each family.